July 05, 2009

The Show Must Go On?

Only a quick entry for you, and possibly not a happy one.

I was recently invited to a 'think tank' concerning the quiz show I filmed. They wanted to get former contestants and traders back to throw ideas around, play a few mock up games (for real money) and see if they could improve the format for future series. I couldn't make it as I was in Manchester at the time, and travel expenses weren't covered but I've been updated through a friend as to what went on.

..and the sad news is, the shows I was involved in have either been put back to the Autumn schedule or scrapped altogether. The people from Sky like the format, but might want it to be once a week with a quarter million jackpot, rather than every day with £25,000 at stake. I still received my winnings, and I still had my travel and accomodation paid for, so it has been a profitable experience. I am also still in touch with many of the people involved, and we have a reunion in three weeks time...

...but it's still a disappointment.

No comments: