April 03, 2009

The Show Must Go On Part II

The ball is rolling and it's gathering momentum. More updates on my next television appearance.

I think last itme I talked about the quiz, I was waiting for a 'Basic Disclosure' form to turn up in the post. It turned up, I posted it off and the production company called to say it had arrived. Now it was back to a waiting game. On Wednesday, sat on the sofa in my parent's house in Manchester I received the call I wanted. Not only will I be appearing on ther show, I'll be filming for 6 days, and appearing in upto 18 shows (although it's more likely I'll just be in a handful).

From the 20th to 25th of April I will be staying in a hotel in London, filming three shows a day for the full 6 days and hopefully in that time, make at least one appearance as a trader. That will be my role, a trader. It does mean my potential earnings are limited, but I didn't get into this for the money (ok, that's a little bit of a lie, but you know what I mean).

I was told to expect a string of phone calls in the coming days. Travel arrangements, what to bring with me etc, and a biog call. I remember this one from The Weakest Link, someone calls and does a five minute interview with you over the phone and the information you give is what is in front of the presenter if he 'greets' you on air. Have you tried answering on the spot questions like 'What is your favourite play?' and 'how would you describe yourself as a person?' I hope I don't have to remember what answers I gave!

They asked me 'where would you like to say you are from?' A tricky one that because I'm a bit of a nomad at the moment. I suppose technically I'm from Southampton because that's where I currently reside. Biologically I'm from Manchester because that's where I was born. I opted for the least convincing. I said I was from the Isle of Man. Not true in any sense, but perhaps it will give me an edge to actually getting in front of the cameras. So just over 2 weeks to go until I step into the limelight once more...

...oh and I'm off to Malta for a week before then!

No comments: