March 31, 2009

Breaking my own Taboo

Not too long ago I explained to you all that teddy bears are not 'created' they just 'exist'. I'm afraid I've broken my own rule and stepped foot inside a Bear Factory.

Now to be fair, it wasn't my fault. Rather than say 'stepped' in I should say 'dragged' in almost kicking and screaming. I chose a cheeky monkey and watched as he came to life before my eyes (even adding a beating heart). All I can say is I'm glad he still had a smile on his face afterwards - not sure I would have after I'd seen where the stuffing tube goes!

He now has a birth certificate, and a very loving Daddy (God I sound sad).

It was all part of my meeting with my Scrabble Buddy. A lovely day in The Trafford Centre, finishing off sat in an American Diner playing Super Scrabble. For the record I lost by ten points; mainly due to the fact I had to let her win. (Hee Hee)

Hopefully we'll be meeting up again very soon - either back in the North West or perhaps even down on the South Coast. Either way it's something I am looking forward to...

...but perhaps I'll leave the Scrabble board at home next time.

No comments: