February 09, 2009

The Maltese Adventure Days 12 and 13

Is that the weekend?

I am officially ill. I haven't slept properly for 48 hours, a mixture of loud noises all through the night and some kind of fever. I go from boiling hot to freezing cold in seconds, and back again. I've taken some Anadin, so hopefully I can shake it off.

My boss is due here tonight for two nights. What a perfect time to be ill.

I've made into work each day, but I'm finding it hard to concentrate on the keyboard. The training I've given has been really basic too, we are falling behind, although only against my own personal agenda. I didn't have an official timetable to work to. To cap it all, the rain and winds are back too, so driving to and from work is back to being a nightmare. Trying to skip round puddles which are the size of Olympic swimming pools (and just as deep).

On a completely separate note, I watched the Italian version of 'Deal or No Deal' last night on TV. Completely bizarre. The host is like a cross between Dale Winton and Timmy Mallett. Some of the boxes have strange things in them (a dancing cartoon crocodile in one... I kid you not) and by the end I couldn't work out how much the contestant had actually won. I think it was 20,000EUR but for all I know it was the dancing croc!

....I also watched a Margaret Rutherford Miss Marple film dubbed into Spanish. Good job I knew the plot already :)

No comments: