March 20, 2009

Landmark missed again.

You see, in all the excitement and confusion I've missed the 200th blog entry. This is post number 201... so here is everything you never needed to know about the number 201.

The 201 is the name of a type of Japanese commuter train (I didn't say this was going to be easy)

201 in binary is 11001001 which happens to be the name of an episode of Star Trek: Next Generation (I promise you I'm not a geek, I had to look that up)

Talking of binary, any number that has an even number of 1's in it's binary version is said to be evil.... which includes 201 (because it has 4 1's). No really, it's true

In World Cup history, Brazil have scored 201 goals, Ronaldo being their top scorer with 14. (Don't I always get sport into this somewhere)

...and staying with soccer, Henrik Larsson's succesful spell at Celtic incolved 201 goals in only 254 appearances.

..final soccer reference, Alan Shearer scored his 201st Newcastle goal against Portsmouth in 2006 to set a club record (although he did go on to score another 5 goals for the club before retiring)

Super Scrabble, the advanced version of the popular board game, comes with 200 playing tiles, but still only one board... making 201 pieces of playing equipment (ok, I'm not including the racks, but technically you could play the game without those)

R.A.F 201 Squadron claims to be the earliest squadron in existance as it can trace itself back to 1914 when it was the 1st squadron. (my military knowledge is shockingly poor, but I'm sure that makes sense to someone)

In Nottingham, the 201 Express Transit Tram has been names 'Torvil and Dean' in honour of the gold medal winning ice skaters. (They have nothing else better to do in Nottingham)

That's it, I'm stuck. These odd numbers are a bugger to find interesting facts about. Fingers crossed I don't miss 250 when it rolls around.

No comments: