August 25, 2008

Things to look forward to Part II

Ok, it's not really a second part. Part one was right at the start of this blog adventure, but I'm at a hiatus at the moment, so I need to step back and take stock of what I have in store to look forward to.

Well almost immediately is the Norfolk holiday. With all that's been happening recently with my 'love' life, this trip has become almost legendary. What began as a family holiday for myself, Sarah and Caoimhe, soon became a week away on my own to get away from the world. Now it has became a holiday with Sarah and baby again but now as friends. Still 4 days left for it to turn into something else. Perhaps there is still another twist in the tale to come before it's over. No matter what, I'm definately looking forward to it though.

Next up is the quick trip to Ireland. Can't wait for that either. For loads of different reasons. Seeing Tara, seeing Ireland, a guarenteed break from the world. Real shame it can't be for longer, but I'll take what I can get. Tara has been an angel for the past few weeks. I can't thank her enough. Hopefully I'll get the chance to spoil her when I get to see her.

November should throw up two activities as well. I have a theatre ticket to see the musical version of Witches of Eastwick. This touring production has Marti Pellow in the lead role (yes, that's the guy from Wet Wet Wet). No idea how good the musical is, but I loved the film version, so I'm looking forward to that. Also in November, I'm hoping Jo and Laura are coming over from IOM to do their Christmas shopping. The plan is to meet them in Manchester, and we can all stay at my parents. It's not set in stone yet, but fingers crossed it's all booked soon. Jo has never been to the UK, only Ireland and IOM, and I'd love to be the one to provide the guided tour (even if it is only for the North West).

Anything else on the horizon? I need to get back to IOM myself soon. Jackie will be forgetting what I look like, and there is an event in mid December I'd like to attend (but that's all hush-hush, so pretend I never mentioned it). Now I will only be working 40 hours a week, I should be able to arrange quick trips more often - well, in theory anyway. I also promised Karl I'd attend a Cheadle Town game with him, and I still stand by that promise.

Something I can't look forward to is attending Southampton vs Blackpool. It's this Saturday and I'll be driving to Norfolk at the time. It's on TV too, but due to the early kick-off there is no chance of me seeing it. Looks like I might have to make arrangements to attend the return fixture at The Seasiders instead....

...I'm sure I can pursuade my Dad to drive us both there again :)

No comments: