January 23, 2008

Working 9 to 5, Trying Hard to Make a Living...

Drunkeness level 0/5

I'm now in my 15th week of work in Southampton. So far, I have worked a total of 1,050 hours. You do the maths!

Health and Safety laws in the UK state that no individual should average more than 48 hours of work per week.

My non-existant contract is for 60 hours per week, but that still means I've worked more than 100 hours of overtime.

I've put in a claim for the money, but I won't hold my breath. I know the owners of this company think I'm paid too much as it is.

I'm taking home the same money I used to in IOM, but there I worked a MAXIMUM of 60 hours a week and if I worked a weekend, I ony did about 50 hours. Now I'm doing a MINIMUM of 60 hours, and generally it's closer to 75.

...I'm such a whinger aren't I?

No comments: