December 05, 2007

South Coast Storm


Drunkeness level 1/5 Dampness level 4/5


For the past few days I've been reading reports about the gale force winds and rain storm 'lashing' the south coast. All quite perturbing, even before I remembered that's where I live now! Thankfully, except for a few rain downpours (when I've been indoors) I haven't really been effected by them...until this morning.


The last report I read stated that the winds were dying down and the storms were passing, but this mornng the walk to work was similar to a commando recruitment exercise. Strong winds hitting me in all directions, lashing rain coming at me horizontally (a REAL pain when you wear glasses!), dark clouds rolling above my head and fallen leaves whipping up and attaching themselves to my jeans. The wind also had a habit of lifting my coat collar and flicking it against my cold cheek, leaving a beautiful red mark. If anyone had seen me, they would have assumed I'd been slapped by an irate woman.

It also showed me I need a haircut. As I came into the office and saw my reflection in the front door window. I was looking at the long lost twin brother of the Bride of Frankenstein.
Now I'm sat at my desk, central heating on full blast, all lights on, listening to the rain hitting the windows. I don't think I'll bother going out for lunch today :)
....p.s. Interview yesterday went well. I took him to the pub and we chatted about football for 2 hours over a few pints :)

No comments: