August 08, 2009

Bob The Fluffy Duck on Tour

Can't believe it's a week since I last spoke to you. How have you all been? Keeping well? It's been quite a full 7 days for me.

It all really focuses around an overnight trip back up to Manchester for a race meeting with my Dad at Haydock. Glorious weather again (4 race meetings in a row now where I've burnt my face off). Difference this time is, it wasn't just the two of us....

...(well it wasn't anyway, we had a family friend with us too, but that's not what I meant)...

...We had Bob the Fluffy Duck with us.

Don't think I've introduced you to Bob have I? He's no relation to Bob the Triffid, despite the similar name, he's a fluffy duck I won on Brighton Pier during Reunion II (are you keeping up with all this, I know I lead a complicated life!). I suppose it's wrong for me to say I 'won' him. In actual fact he was a consolation prize for losing at hook-a-duck, but he's so cute he still semes like a victory prize to me.

I promised a few people at the reunion that I would take him wherever I go for the next few months, and I was true to my word as Bob rode on the train with me to Manchester, went shopping in Sainsbury's and then took a trip to Haydock to watch the horses.

Typically, Bob the Fluffy Duck got more winners than me, and as you can see from the piccy, the bookmaker was happy to pay him out. It was quite fun getitng other people involved int he pictures, and became quite a strange (but interesting) way to chat to women. Not sure that carrying a fluffy toy around to chat to girls is a good idea though....

....and next stop Norwich in less than a week :)

No comments: