November 25, 2008

Missed it again!

Just like the theatre, I'm late. I meant to celebrate another half century of blog posts, but this is number 151. Oh well, here it is, everything you never needed to know about the number 151.

(This is going to be really tough!)

151 is a palindromic prime number

The gestation period of a goat is 151 days (no, really, it is!)

The Statue of Liberty, from base to top of torch is 151 feet tall (that's about as interesting as this list gets)

There is a brand of Bacardi Rum called Bacardi 151. It's a higher proof and dark. (Ah, I had to find some kind of alcoholic reference)

Psalm 151 is only accepted as being genuine by certain churches.

When Mary Decker fell in the 1984 Olympics, supposedly tripped by British runner Zola Budd (remember her, she always ran in bare feet), she ripped the racing number off Zola's back as she hit the ground. Zola's racing number was 151.

Ok, that's it, I told you it was going to be hard. Serves me right for missing 150 (which I'm sure would have been a damn sight easier to write about.) Oh well, here's to the next 50 entries....


... At current speed, that should be about Easter time.


No comments: